School Complaints Procedure

What do I do if things go wrong?

There are specified ways to voice concerns or to make a complaint. It is always helpful to try to address these as quickly as possible. Most concerns or complaints are best resolved by speaking with the class teacher or Headteacher. If the matter is not resolved then complaints should be put in writing to the Chair of Governors. Should the need to complain arise parents can take the following steps:

  1. Informal visit to the teacher to discuss the issue.
  2. Informal visit with the Headteacher to discuss the issue.
  3. Formal letter to the Chair of Governing Body via the school.
  4. Governing Body panel hearings.
  5. Formal complaint to the Local Authority